Leaving Angola with mixed emotions

As I sit in a hotel waiting to leave this mission field my emotions are all over the place. Processing emotions is not one of my strengths, but I’m trying because I’ve learned that taking care of myself is just as important as taking care of others. 

So, how do I feel? Disappointed, confused, relieved, expectant, sad, hopeful, GRATEFUL, etc! 

Over the next few weeks I’ll have time to process some of these feelings with help from missionaries, ministers, counselors, and loved ones. We’ll have an opportunity to add context to some of my experiences and hopefully I’ll emerge with a clear view of what/where God is calling me next. 

The over-arching emotion I am feeling right now, however, is gratitude! None of my experiences since fall of 2018 would have been possible without the support of so, so many people - especially my church family, CENTREVILLE BAPTIST CHURCH!

I’m also grateful for the warm reception and even warmer goodbyes from the missionaries and my Angolan friends here. I’ll share a few pics from our goodbye lunches and dinners over the past week (I did forget to take pics sometimes so I ask forgiveness for those beautiful faces that don’t appear below):



Thanks to the IESA organization and especially Tia Carla for this beautiful gift!! I tried to find this pattern but I couldn’t-them Tia Carla brought me this beautiful gift the day before I left! 😁😁



I’m grateful for the many memories and many dinners with my friends and neighbors Dan and Pri (not pictured) and their kids, Zeke, Eliel, and Naomi...and our dogs Chibi (theirs) and Boone (mine).


I’m grateful for the unexpected friendship I found with Sr. Oseas (Administrador Geral de IESA) whose humility and kindness made his company enjoyable the few times we were able to sit and talk. 


I’m grateful for good times with folks who became good friends (Jení, Priscilla, Noortje, and Nara) and with one new missionary (Laurel) who is becoming a fast friend as well. 


I’m so, so grateful for these sisters, Priscilla and Jení, who accepted me not just as their friend, but welcomed me as their sister as well. 

Ok, I’m going to go board my flight...but I’ll update this with more pics later! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Since I left Kalukembe

You're invited...to help me get settled in Caluquembe, Angola