Pouco a Pouco

I didn't expect to take such a long hiatus from social media (and other types of media as well) when I returned to begin work at the hospital in Caluquembe, Angola in January. It just sort of happened. I wanted to be intentional about building relationships with my colleagues at the hospital and learning my way around the campus, the language, and the culture so I'd feel more comfortable in my new home. I just checked back in today and...oh no! Kobe died! How sad! I knew that there was a new Coronavirus...but I didn't know that the whole world is having an anxiety attack over it. Elections in the US...I pray for my country every single day. That's all I'll say about that. I'd like to crawl back into my little bubble now!

After 2 months I must say...nope, I'm not yet fluent in Portuguese, there's a TON of stuff I have yet to learn about the culture, and some days the hospital can still be as confusing as it was when I first arrived. One phrase I've learned is "pouco a pouco". It means "little by little" (I think). It's the phrase people use when describing my attempts to learn the language. I've come to understand that many things follow this principle - pouco a pouco. I've gotten a bit more comfortable in my surroundings not overnight, but pouco a pouco. I've come to understand the workflow at the hospital pouco a pouco. My communication actually is much better - although I wish that had happened overnight - it's still improving pouco a pouco.

Despite not posting or interacting on social media much, I've gotten into the habit of taking pics with the idea of sharing them. Now, instead of getting overwhelmed with wanting to share so many details of so many different stories all at once, I've decided to share them pouco a pouco. Hopefully, this will allow for a bit of a photographic journal of my adventures in missions.

To start, here are pics from my daily walk yesterday:


I’ve turned my exercise-walks into prayer-walks. Worship comes easily when there’s such a beautiful example of God’s handiwork on display!



My dog, Boone, slows me down - which is good because I’d otherwise miss out on some of the pretty flowers around.




No, I don’t "take the road less traveled by." I only take the one leading back to my house! Lol! I don’t know where those other roads lead. (Maybe I’m not as adventurous as I’d like to be be)!


Another unfiltered beautiful view! 

Love and blessings to all,
Lena

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Since I left Kalukembe

Leaving Angola with mixed emotions

You're invited...to help me get settled in Caluquembe, Angola